Oosterdokskade 143, 1011 DL Amsterdam
Postaddress: Oosterdoksstraat 110, 1011 DK Amsterdam
Tel: 020-5230900, fax: 020-5230948, e-mail: email@example.com
The Central Library is open every day of the week from 10:00 to 22:00 hrs.
Guided tour video
How to reach the Central Library
By public transport
The Central Library can be reached by public transport using all metros, trams and buses that terminate at Amsterdam Central Station. The library is situated 500 metres east of the Central Station. You can also reach the library with the City Center Line. This bus stops right outside the library every half hour.
Located under Oosterdokseiland is the Oosterdok Parking Garage; it is open all week 24h a day. The same tariffs apply as in the centre of Amsterdam
You can reach the parking garage in the following ways:
- Coming from the ring road (A10)
East: Take exit S114, at the end of the exit turn left to the Zuiderzeeweg. Follow the road through the Piet Heintunnel. At the end of the tunnel turn right onto the Piet Heinkade (S100). Turn right at the fourth traffic light (after passing the Mövenpick hotel and the Muziekgebouw aan het IJ). Follow the road along the IJ and under the overpass. After passing under the train viaduct turn right. You will find the entrance to the Oosterdok Parking on your left hand side.
- Coming from the ring road (A10)
West: Take exit S101. Follow the S101 along the Nieuwe Hemweg; Spaarndammerdijk; Tasmanstraat. Cross the bridge and follow the S100 to the Central Station. After passing the station, turn left at the first traffic light. Follow the road along the IJ and under the overpass. After passing under the train viaduct turn right. You will find the entrance to the Oosterdok Parking on your left hand side.
- Coming from the City Centre
Coming from the Dam square in the direction of the Central Station, turn right at the end of the Damrak. After passing under the train viaduct turn right and then left at the first traffic light. You will find the entrance to the Oosterdok Parking on your left hand side.
Other parking garages in the district are:
- Parking Central Amsterdam Prins Hendrikkade 20a (opposite Lovers Canal Boats).
- Parking Waterlooplein: Valkenburgerstraat 238, under Albert Heijn, route from A10: follow signs to S100, turn-off to Centrum, follow parking signs (P-borden)
- Markenhoven: Anne Frankstraat, from A10: follow signs to S100, turn-off to Centrum, follow parking signs (P-borden)
- Passengers Terminal Amsterdam: Oostelijke Handelskade 1, from A10: Ring A10 Noord, off-ramp S114, signs to Centrum, at S100 right in the direction of CS, follow parking signs P-borden PTA.
- There is also some parking available on De Ruyterkade.
- from Amsterdam Central Station: Take exit to centre, turn left (in eastern direction). Follow the signs to Oosterdok, walk past the Double Tree Hotel and keep following the path until you reach the Central Library.
- from the eastern part of the City Centre/Waterlooplein: Follow the Valkenburgerstraat, via the NEMO pier over the Van der Velde bridge (by NEMO).
- from the IJ (Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, De Ruyterkade, ferry): through the Eastern Passage (Oostbuis) of the East Entrance (Oostertoegang) and the pedestrian quay.
See 'On foot'.
Just past the library is the entrance of the underground secure bicycle parking place. It’s free.